A special page for IL MANTOVANO HEBREO CD reviews
- Tiroler Tageszeitung, 19/4/2014
"Profeti della Quinta performed exquisitely, with their young and fresh voices, blending in perfect balance, integrating with each other and proving themselves also as soloists ... With their superb beauty of sound and magnificent perfection of intonation ... Employing musical freedom, sensuality and charm, they offered in addition an insight into the poetry of the time.." [link][excerpt translated by D.Dunkelblum]
- Los Angeles Times, 01/02/2014 - Mark Swed"graciously sophisticated yet subtly mischievous."
"exquisite intonation and refinement."
"[kadish:] the music and the singing of it were indescribably beautiful." [link]
- New York Classical Review, 27/01/2014 - Eric.C.Simpson"Making their U.S. debut, Profeti della Quinta were as captivating in person as they had been on screen. The printed programs included text-and-translation, but it was hardly needed. They conveyed the meaning of the poetry with their diction, intention, and phrasing, commanding constant attention with their passionate and emotional music-making." [link]
- The Guardian, 22/12/2013 - Fiona Maddocks
Il Mantovano Hebreo (Linn Records 2013) was named under "Hidden gems of 2013": "...This expertly performed collection of Italian madrigals, Hebrew prayers and instrumental music deserves recognition as a hidden gem." [link]
- LeDroit, 19/7/2013 - Jean-Jacques Van Vlasselaer
Concert at the Music & Beyond festival, Ottawa, Canada
"Ensemble Profeti della Quinta is a sonorous wonder... it was admirably accompanied by the theorbo and the harpsichord... The balance between the voices, the polyphonic precision and the radiant virtuosity of the countertenor soloist, made this concert a feast for the ears and for the soul.." [link]
[excerpt translated by D.Dunkelblum]
- Pamela hickman's concert critique blog, 23/5/13
Concert at the Abu-Gosh festival, Israel
"The Profeti della Quinta singers perform with informed- and polished assurance as an ensemble and as soloists.
Theirs is artistry at its finest."
- www.musebaroque.fr, 25/6/2012 - Loïc Chahine
Concert at the Printemps des arts festival, Nantes, France
"What a concert! …. From the very first notes, the excellent sound quality of Profeti della Quinta strikes the listener. It has, as is the case with the best groups specializing in the Madrigal Repertoire, a true ensemble sound. The voices unite in intervals of stunning accuracy based on firm intonation, and one hears that every detail is carefully attended to. There is a perfect balance of the voices, one is able follow each part, and the clarity of the counterpoint is impeccable. The details in every line – melismas, articulation, ornaments – are carefully carved, and the whole is clearly articulated. The Ensemble shines in quick changes from one affect to the other: from noble contemplation to jubilation to held-back pain... Profeti della Quinta are like a refined crystal glass – we hope to drink from it often." [link]
[excerpt translated by D.Dunkelblum]
- Early music review 143, August 2011 – Andrew Bensos-Wilson
"They exhibited an outstanding consort blend, with beautifully pure vocal tone and intonation... They made excellent use of diminutions, weaving them into the overall fabric. Although all the singers were excellent, the two outer voices of countertenor
Doron Schleifer and bass Elam Rotem made particularly significant contributions to the stunning sound of the group."
- musolife.com, 18/7/2011 - Profeti Della Quinta named York Early Music competition winners
- Toccata alte music actuel, H.44 2009 - Robert Strobl
- Klassik-heute.com, 29/9/09 - Gerhard Pätzig
- Vespers1610.com, 22/10/09 - Craig Zeichner
- Jerusalem Post, 4/3/09 - Pamela Hickman